1) Controlled Expansion XTP bullets are famous for their ability to expand reliably across a wide range of velocities. The XTP Magnum bullet was specially built to withstand incredible velocities, and still deliver controlled expansion and weight retention. Special features in the nose facilitate and control expansion on impact. Others, like the cannelure, ensure the jacket and core remain locked solid during expansion.
2) Terminal Penetration XTP and XTP Magnum bullets consistently deliver the deep, terminal penetration needed for one-shot kills.
3) Superb Accuracy The XTP is one of the most accurate pistol bullets ever made, and it’s just as accurate in your muzzleloader. Good shooters with quality barrels can consistently achieve sub 1-inch groups at 100 yards.
4) Sabots Enhance Accuracy The plastic sabot protects the bullet as it travels through the barrel and engages the rifling, then falls away after exiting your rifle. Sabots enhance the extreme accuracy of the XTP bullets.
5) Easy To Load No additional lubricants or patches are necessary with Hornady’s XTP bullet/sabot combinations. Because they load easier, you can reload for fast follow-up shots.